Within a few minutes I'd received replies from Sian, Phoebe and Lisa Kate who all confessed to being stuck in the same rut as me. So I set us a little challenge - to dive in and do something different to what we've been doing lately. I don't know if the other girls will actually get around to doing it :) haha but I was so bored I just cracked straight on.
I really needed to kick myself up the backside by doing this; I feel my blog's been lacking a bit lately 'cause I find I need new stuff for motivation and being on my make-up buying ban made me feel like I couldn't get inspired by makeup. But you'll never guess what I ended up digging out to create this look - my 120 palette! I haven't touched it in about 6 months *hangs head in shame* and in those 6 months I've accumulated probably more than 120 more eyeshadows. It's ridiculous, really. But I forgot how useful and pigmented the 120 palette is. I shall now consider it as a rediscovered and reloved item!
So here's what I did:
I started off with NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a base (I didn't bother with UDPP since it's late and I didn't need this to be long lasting, I was just having a play around). Then I took a silver shadow from the 120 palette and patted it all over my lid. I decided to go with matte colours for the crease as playing with different textures in the same look is something I rarely do. I went for a deep matte purple applied with a pencil brush in the outer V and outer 2/3 of the crease, then took a fluffy dome brush to blend this out really well. Using the same fluffy brush, I picked up some matte hot pink and blended this with and above the purple. I went back and forth with these colours, blending as I went, until I'd built up a colour intensity and blended finish that I was satisfied with. A touch of matte ivory shadow on the browbone served as a highlight. I figured I'd keep the rest simple yet impactful: a reasonably thick line on the upper lid with Maybelline Line Definer felt tip, and Rimmel SpecialEyes kohl (Black Magic) for tightlining upper and lower waterlines, and smudged across the bottom lashline. I curled my lashes and applied one coat of Maybelline Lash Stiletto, followed by one coat of Eyeko mascara (with regards to my recent review - I've found Eyeko mascara works much nicer layered over Lash Stiletto than it does with two coats by itself!). I wasss gonna use Illamasqua Static pigment over the shadows in this for sparkle but I thought it would work better matte. I also decided against false lashes in the end - didn't wanna go too overboard! I filled in my brows with No7 Beautiful Brows pencil, they were looking pretty pale next to the dark eyeshadow! As for the face, I just slapped on my usual Revlon Colorstay and a tiny touch of Benefit Coralista before I started messing around with my eyes. I opted to keep the lips simple, and just went for Maybelline Superstay Gloss in Satin Glow - pretty much an MLBB product for me.
So, there's my different-from-usual-trying-to-challenge-myself-a-bit look! What do you reckon? Be brutally honest with me ;D
***
In other news! I've been tagged by Claire from Adorning and Shifa from Get Gawjus to do this Beautiful Blogger award. Daww, thanks! ^_^;
This is another random facts one - this time it asks for 7 random facts. I'll try not to repeat anything I've said before, and I'll also try not to be too boring!
1. I go through phases of what I do with my spare time, it changes frequently. Right now I'm spending too much time playing Left4Dead online with my boyfriend - for those of you who don't know, it's a first person shooter where you pretty much just kill zombies. It's fun ;D and for those of you who DO know and actually play it (please say SOMEONE does!), my SteamID is donotrefreeze, feel free to add and we can shoot zombies together <3>
great eye look its very beautiful glad ur getting out of ur rut =]
ReplyDeleteits a gorgeous look!
ReplyDeleteGirl... you've got talent!!!! Thats really really good, looks gorgeous!
ReplyDeletexxx
Fab post hunni. i'm in a make up rut too. i have so much but dont use it like i should. might have a go today
ReplyDelete:)
xx
pretty
ReplyDeleteVery nice look! :-)
ReplyDeletehehe...nice ones gurl =)
ReplyDeletecongrats on ya new job!
even i've been tryin 2 get a job but its juz so hard dese days coz de only want full time ppl and i cant coz i go uni :(
xoxoxo
plus ya eyeshadow is ssooo gawjus here! m gna try dat 2 =)
ReplyDeleteI love the look :)
ReplyDeleteI have no ID to prove I'm 18 either, yet.
And I was the same when I first signed on for JSA. Congrats on your Sunday job though :)
xx
baaaabes i'm getting bored of my lack of inspiration makeup wise lately too! ♥ so many pretty colours to play with but i keep ignoring them unintentionally :'( eee!
ReplyDeleteand your 7 facts totally wasn't boring!
i LOVE the look you created - i know i say this allllll the time LOL but it's gaaawjus! Am a birrova sucka for purples :P
Looks gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeletewww.niksbeautifuldaze.blogspot.com
lovely look :)
ReplyDeletelol, You make me giggle :) Pretty eyes, I wish I could do mine that good!
ReplyDeletexx