Base colour is Vixen from Collection 2000's Hot Looks collection - I hadn't noticed this shade before, can't believe I didn't already have it, isn't it beautiful? I was in Superdrug at the weekend picking out some polishes for my swap with Jacie from You've Got Nail and spotted this one, I swear my jaw dropped! I love it.
Anyway, I stamped using Konad plate M9 and the special polish in white. Then I added star shaped rhinestones (from a carousel I got on eBay) to the middle of the flowers on my thumb and ring finger, and dotted the middle of the flowers on the other fingers with a pink shimmer nail art pen from eBay.
After I resigned to removing that pretty mani, I decided it was as good a time as any to try something I've been meaning to do for a while - water marbling. Turned out TERRIBLY! Haha, here's something for you to have a laugh at:

I really didn't appreciate how difficult it was gonna be. You nail blgogers who can do this perfectly have just gained a whole bunch of awe and respect from me XD this is SO MESSY! I'm sure it's a million times easier on long/fake nails. I ended up doing the pink/yellow combo twice 'cause I liked it. I wouldn't wear a multi-coloured mani like this I don't think, I was just playing with colour combinations. I managed to chip and smudge it SO MANY times!
Thumb & ring: Barielle Shades in Lemondrops, Barry M Shocking Pink
Index: Barry M Bright Purple and Coral
Middle: Barry M Cyan Blue and Mint Green
Pinky: Barry M Grey and Boots 17 Peacock
And now I REALLY have to go to work. *Sigh*
<3
LOVE the water marbling effect - the pink and yellow are amaaaazinggggggggg!! xxx
ReplyDeleteI love it! Great nail art! You are right, it must be so easier on long nails, mine are too short for good nail art.
ReplyDeleteLove the pink and yellow on the marbling picture
ReplyDeleteReminds me off starbursts :) xx
I love the marble nails, you picked great colors!
ReplyDeletei don't think the water marbling was a disaster at all!
ReplyDeleteThose are both so gorgeous! I especially love the first one. The second one is so unique!
ReplyDeletewww.niksbeautifuldaze.blogspot.com
That's so cute! I love the purple and coral! :-)
ReplyDeleteHaha daww thanks for all your lovely comments, ladies - but I'm definitely going to keep at this whole water marbling thing until I can get it just right ^_^;
ReplyDeletexo
Hey gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI tried to send you an email but it bounced back. I have all your lacquers (and a special secret treat) ready to post.
So I need your address.
Ok, you have inspired me to paint my nails :) LOVE those looks!
ReplyDeleteWow, how pretty! I love this marbled effect, it looks amazing! The thumb is just stunning...that sounds funny, LOL
ReplyDeleteXO
Oo that looks lovely, I'm dying to try out Konad! I think the marbling looks pretty. I bet it takes ages. I've been too scared to try it lol.
ReplyDeleteAlso wanted to say that I've tagged you on my blog: http://pinkpoppolkadot.blogspot.com/2009/11/award-i-3-your-blog.html
xx
You forgot petty in your little description of yourself there. Remember karma's a bitch honey x
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you do all this beautiful stuff and then remove it!! I couldn't bring myself to do it. How do you do the marbling? I used to do it with paper at school
ReplyDeletexxx