Friday, 4 December 2009

Swatchtravaganza Part III: Fyrinnae

Of my recent piggie haul, Fyrinnae is the only company which isn't technically mineral. It is all vegan, however, and incredibly unique!

I think the most truly brilliant thing about Fyrinnae's website is their swatches. And when I say swatches, I mean ACTUAL swatches, not inaccurate color pictures or the crappy splat-shapes of pixellated colour that Illamasqua used to have before their revamp. Take a look at this page for example - it's the swatches that persuaded me to choose this product. You really do know what you're getting here, which is fantastic.

I only ordered four shadows (got five though - you get one free!) and one other product, as their samples are a little more pricey than Sassy's - coming in at $1.75 (about £1.05) each - but SO worth it, these shadows are truly unique to a bigger and better extent than any others I've tried. The other product I picked up was their 'Pixie Epoxy' - here's what Fyrinnae have to say about it. I must say, I was completely intrigued and after seeing swatches with it I HAD to have it.

"Please note that this is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy" / a foiled look without foiling.
Originally developed and formulated for a friend/pro artist, this unique "glue" is designed to hold the sparkliest, most shimmery eye shadows in place and minimize "fallout". Can also be used to retain a "wet" or "glossy" look to loose shadows. Don't worry, it's easily washed off, and while keeps shadows in a water-resistant state, the product itself is water-soluble (no silicones or oils)."


I've found for best results with Pixie Epoxy (or Pixipoxy as I like to call it), you only need the tinest amount spread over your eyelid - it comes in a tube with a doefoot applicator - and leave it to go a bit tacky before applying eyeshadows on top. It's very difficult to blend over but I'm working on it - if I find a good method I'll be sure to let you know! Anyway, we've GOT to see swatches now right?

Swatches from L-R are dry, wet on bare skin, dry over Pixipoxy.



Gorgeous colours, right? Boy Toy is I think part of their permanent line and was my free sample - I think I mentioned in my haul overview post that this free sample has a lot less in it than the bought samples but that's not a problem. Sleepy Hollow and Pumpkinfire are from the Halloween 2009 collection - Sleepy Hollow looks a bit more blue here than it really is, it's a bit more teal in the flesh.



These two are AMAZING. Jaw drop much? :D I think Dressed to Kill was one of the Halloween colours too, I can't quite remember. Love Potion is one of their 'Arcane Magic' shadows, which are supposed to be really multifaceted and all sorts of colours from different angles. I think the swatches of Dressed to Kill best illustrate the effect given by Pixie Epoxy - stunning, no?

I really, really want to order some more of the Arcane Magic line when I've got some spare money floating around (not for a while then.. hah). How about you - have you tried Fyrinnae? If not, do you want to now? XD

7 comments:

  1. great post!
    love potion is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches. I LOVE Pixie Epoxy, it's fantabulous. I don't ever want to be without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shadows are all such amazing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the idea of these !!! the colors are great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look amazing! The swatches are gorgeous. I have to try these.


    www.niksbeautifuldaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. luuuuuurve potion looks so dreamy! xxx

    ReplyDelete