Thursday, 3 June 2010

Summer Gradient NOTD

So yesterday I was wondering what to do with my nails, and decided on a brightly coloured gradient design. If you missed my second Easy Peasy nail design tutorial, I show how I achieve a sponged gradient effect using sponge eyeshadow applicators. Be sure to check it out if you want to try it :)



I started with just one coat of Sleek Makeup's Turquoise (it's super opaque), then sponged down Lilac, also by Sleek Makeup, and lastly Sugar High by China Glaze. I used an eBay nail art pen to add the stripes from the corner of all the nails bar the ring fingers, which are stamped a couple of times with butterflies from Konad plate M78. I finished with China Glaze Wireless Holographic topcoat - anything a bit glittery or holographic helps the gradient look much smoother.

I quite like this actually, I might be throwing a few more gradient manis at you before the summer is out!



Oh and I must apologise for my cuticles being completely GROSS. I just haven't been bothered to push them back or oil them in like 2 weeks or something - I regretted it after finding out how hard it is to clean up when you've let your cuticles grow out of control! Rest assured I will be annihilating those buggers before my next mani.

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love it! Really wanna try it

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUMMER'S HERE!! :D the butterflies are dinky and adorabubble, loving the pink, lilac + blue merged into one another!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! Love the colours, love the butterflies, and love the overall look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking pretty! Love the choice of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gradient technique is a winner. Even I can do it! Except I did mess it up once...
    So much better w/out butterflies on each nail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of these gradiant nails that you do, i keep meaning to have a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing!
    Im definatley going to be trying it out this summer xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I must try this. I tried your last tutorial too :) I posted it on my blog if you wanted a look. Not as good as yours though and I think my nails are too short for the stripes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous, so summery!

    May
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amaZING!!! Clever you! looks so lovely and summery! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! your nails look super lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo I like this muchly :D This is something else I'll have to try!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour combination for this mani =) Your are so talented! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg sooo pretty as always hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's such an amazing look! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow so cool! I had an idea to my own decorations in these nails, thanks! My nails: http://sonnela.blogspot.com/2010/06/tropiikkiperhosia.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look amazing x

    ReplyDelete