Sunday, 17 April 2011

What Happens When...

...I am let loose on somebody's nails with instructions of 'bright colours, animal print and holographicness'?



I don't get the chance to do other peoples' nails that often. I occasionally do my nan's, who 90% of the time plumps for a plain French manicure, or my sister's who prefers a plain colour and maybe a Konad flower or two. I have to admit that while I do enjoy giving manicures (particularly the painting part), it does get monotonous when I don't get to do fun things on other peoples' nails.

So, imagine my delight when my old friend Charlee - who, incidentally, is a nail technician herself - asked if I could treat her to a spot of nail art! I managed to fulfill all three of her criteria in one manicure; she loved the result and I had tons of fun doing it.

I went for a bright pink with zebra print on the index, middle and little fingers, topped off with holographic topcoat, and brightly coloured leopard print on the ring and thumbnails with the colours reversed on each hand.



Index, middle and pinky: Illamasqua Obsess, Models Own/WAH Nails nail art pen, China Glaze Wireless Holographic topcoat
Thumb: Nailgirls Blue #2, spots with OCC Chlorophyll, Nails Supreme nail art pen
Ring: Illamasqua Jomina, spots with Inglot 938, Nails Supreme nail art pen



I just switched around the colours of the ring and thumbnails for Charlee's right hand.

So what do you think? Are you a fan of something bright, mismatched and in-your-face?

23 comments:

  1. i am! jeeese this is amazing!!!! plz follow my blog watermelonraindropx.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you did a great work! I love how you combined colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge fan of mismatch, which I think you did a great job of btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really pretty, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome! I love this type of look but am a bit scared to try it out myself as I'll probably make it look stupid! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Complete fan. I'd offer you my nails but I think it's a long way to go for a mani. Even an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so fun, like patchwork animal print :D I'd bribe you to do my nails (with cake and a brew), with the instructions to 'GO WILD!' haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, I would be thrilled with those too

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and bright mani, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. woo hoooooo!!! I am in the same situation myself, i often get "Em will you please do my nails pleeease - oh just a plain sheer pink please" and i am always bitterly disappointed that they dont want to have outrageous prints on their nails! I love mismatched colour manis, and you know i share you passion for leopard print nails! this is immeeennnse

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! The colours are super! I'm always trying to find people I can do nail art on - every one always just opts for something boring though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors together and the combination of prints, I may have to try something like this now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely a fan! Hope u don't number if I borrow ur idea soon (: great job... I love any colored print

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Maybe I should try this leopard print business, it looks like one I could do. Nice one hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I like this! ^_^ I love leopard prints but not successful with zebra yet

    ReplyDelete