Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Polishgasm: Orly Fowl Play



There were only 3 polishes that really called to me from Orly's AW11 Birds of a Feather collection - Sweet Peacock, Nite Owl and Fowl Play. I'm yet to get my hands on Nite Owl, but I was kindly sent Sweet Peacock and Fowl Play to try. Fowl Play is the REAL winner of the collection.



It's a purple jelly base, leaning a little on the red side, filled with red-green flakes (like the kind in GOSH Rainbow), and tiny silver and blue glitters. There's a lot going on in this polish, it's one of the most interesting ones I've ever seen!



It took me 3 coats to reach perfect opacity. This is so interesting to look at on the nail! Also, I just had to include this little cropped bit of the bottle. HOW beautiful is this?

18 comments:

  1. Love the colour pigments in that polish it's so vivid!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orly has definitely come up with some very interesting polishes recently, and Fowl Play is definitely one of them. A winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! :) I really want to try Orly and Nubar polishes :)

    For my blog, click here<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow, I love it, the flakes are fantastic :D xx

    rachlovesleopardprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Everyone: I'm glad you all like it as much as I do! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really really pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kind of reminds me of Sephora 212 with how much is going on in it. Very lovely!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's so much going on, but I love it! Your nails looks gorgeous as ever x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really busy, yet absolutely gorgeous nail polish!

    Makeup for Biochemists

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lucy: I know, right?! :)

    @Ashesela: Ooh, really? I've not seen it - I'm not particularly familiar with Sephora stuff being in England and all. I'll have to look it up!

    @Stacey: Thank you! :)

    @Lucy: I know! I wouldn't have thought a polish with SO much different stuff going on could be so lovely.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is lovely!! I love these kind of polishes- jelly with flakes
    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous shade! I always admire nail polish on blogs but can't bring myself to wear it, it makes my finger nails feel really claustrophobic - which sounds really odd but it's true!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha wow, I've never heard that before! Well, by that logic, my nails feel agoraphobic without nail polish on them ;P x

      Delete
  13. So stunning! I LOVE it! I NEED it! ;D

    Love Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete