
I picked up a nice handful of Pure Ice nail polishes whilst I was in America last summer. I think they were $1.97 each, from Walmart. I actually did a spot of research before, looking at as many swatches as I could find of the brand, which sadly wasn't that many. I did see a few pictures of both of these gorgeous layering shades, though, so they immediately went on my wishlist. On the left is Busted, and on the right is Heartbreaker.
They both look very tame in the bottles, don't they? And let me reiterate that they are not suitable to use alone, you'll never build them up to opacity. I remember mum borrowed Heartbreaker to paint her toes, she did 7 coats in total and her feet just looked like she had some weird disease. Hahaha.
Layer them over another polish, though, and you'll see what makes them so lovely! As with most layering polishes, I think the best way to show them off is over black. Here's what they look like:

It was incredibly hard to capture the colours, it was so overcast when I took these so I've included a little blurry flash one to show you what I really mean. Nice, right?

Looking at how the polishes sit over black, I got curious as to what they might look like layered together. Pretty freaking sweet, as it turns out!


Again, a futile exercise trying to capture this accurately. It was SO cool, from some angles you'd see the pinky purple shimmer from Busted and others you'd see the emerald green from Heartbreaker. It's like making your own duochrome topcoat! Here's another flash one, where you can sort of see what I mean.

Do you ever experiment with layering different polishes together?
Congrats on the 2000 hit! Those are gorg!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my new blog
http://www.bucketofcoffee.blogspot.com/
Thanks! :)
DeleteI do layering & layering ALL the time. I think one of my fav's is a layering polish over crackle.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's such a cool idea, I never thought of that! I'll have to give that a try :)
DeleteIsn't it frustrating how some colours and effects only show up when you take a blurry picture? Looks stunning though :)
ReplyDeleteGod, YES! Haha it really bugs me! Thanks :)
DeleteI bought some Pure Ice Nail polishes when I went to Orlando last year, wish I got some more.
ReplyDeletehttp://miss-lv.blogspot.com/
I think I've got 7 or 8 in total, I actually really like them! I wish we could get decent polishes that cheap here though don't you?
DeleteCongrats on all the followers!
ReplyDeleteI love both of these polishes, but they always look so much better in person than in photos...
Never tried layer two of them at once :)
Thank you! Yeah, they're such a pain to photograph aren't they? I want to try layering some of the other shades now!
DeleteThese are completely gorgeous! x
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
Deletewow, so pretty and so cheap! I love them layered together, and I bet they do look way better in person, photographing nails is always a bummer! Belle du Brighton
ReplyDeleteI know, I can't believe how cheap most stuff is in general over there. So unfair!
DeleteWOW experimentation is key and you have found such a pretty combo from doing so! The first pic of your nails reminds me of nails inc gossip girl collection so you may have found a great dupe! congrats on the new followers xx
ReplyDeleteThank you! Oh, really? I don't remember seeing too much about that collection, not a huge Nails Inc fan usually. I'll have a look!
DeleteGorgeous layered over a dark base, looks fab. x
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
DeleteGorgeous!! I'm loving Heartbreaker! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's lovely isn't it? :)
DeleteAwesome!!
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas!!
I wish I could find these here in France!
What a fabulous colour! Love the sparkle!!
ReplyDeleteDp
X
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI kind of like them on their own (i have a light blue one), it's a barely there look, but when the sun hits it there's so much shine and colour change!
ReplyDeletehttp://vanity-fair-by-sarah.blogspot.com/