Tuesday, 22 January 2013

The Baptist With The Golden Gun

Alright, alright, that's a god-awful title. Don't hate me. One of the many beautiful products I received from Danielle in our Christmas swap was the much-lusted-after OPI The Man With The Golden Gun 18k Gold Leaf Topcoat. Amazing! I never would have bought this for myself as I think it's way too expensive, but Danielle is a sweetheart and surprised me with it anyway. Thank you! ♥

Despite my insane desire to swatch this over basically every polish I own, I've restrained because the damn stuff is worth its weight in gold - quite literally. It applies beautifully, a nice even distribution of the gold leaf without any effort on your part. Gold and purple make such a stunning colour combination, so I had to layer it over my favourite purple of all time - Illamasqua Baptiste. Can you believe this is being discontinued? *sob*. I'm also itching to try it over my favourite blue (OPI Russian Navy, if you're interested). What colours would you layer it over?

So I've ended up unexpectedly falling rather madly in love with The Man With The Golden Gun. It's such a mouthful though - surely I can't be the only one who thinks they should have called it Goldfinger?

11 comments:

  1. They look really good together!

    Over christmas I put a revlon gold glitter over AEngland Perceval, which looked incredible. So maybe this would also look good over a metallic red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks incredible, you have amazing nails! I wish it would look this good on me!


    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish looks amazing! I much prefer your name of gold finger too, they missed a trick there!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my days that is gorgeous! I never 'got' the whole gold leaf top coat thing but now I want in!!!

    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look great over baptiste :) I really love the shape of the top coat, such a unique look :)

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, its so gorgeous and unique! Like a spotted paint effect

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa....this is an incredible combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, I keep seeing polishes I want to layer it over so perhaps o need to buy it! And I love Baptiste, such a lovely polish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I have this but haven't used it yet I just can't decide what to put it over it's too hard to choose

    ReplyDelete