
In the last few days I've been reading some Japanese nail art magazines (well, looking at the pictures...). Most of what they're into is super long acrylic or gel 3D junk nails, but I have come across a handful of nicer designs. They REALLY like their rhinestones over there, and this design was inspired by that! A lot more OTT than I'm used to, but I actually kinda like it! I underestimated how much hassle striping tape would be though, I'd never actually used it before. I took photos last night when I'd finished it because I had a horrible feeling it wasn't going to last very well overnight!

Well, nothing fell off but I'm gonna have to be extra careful with them today. Oh, and the base colour is Nails Inc/Diet Coke London. What do you think? A bit too much for you? X
Love it!!! Probably a bit too much for me to even attempt myself and no doubt the tape would come off or Harvey would spot the tape and the rhinestones and want to play with my fingers all day... but I think it looks wicked! Job well done babe.
ReplyDeletexxx
Looks good.
ReplyDeleteNot meant to be practical.
I wouldn't like the feel of the tape or the stones. I don't even like long nails so this wouldn't work for me. I just admire it on you.
They are excellent. I am a huge fan of Japanese nail art so anything full of bling and sparkles is good in my book :)
ReplyDeleteLove this SO much!
ReplyDeleteThis is really gorgeous hun! xxx
ReplyDeleteomg love it! i want my nails like this...they are probably too short tho xx
ReplyDelete@Jo: Thanks hun - hahaha yeah I can't imagine it being too practical with a littl'un!
ReplyDelete@Jen: Thanks - exactly! I'm not super keen on the feel of the stones and don't plan to keep this on for long, it was more of an experiment than anything else!
@Cel: Thank you :) the Japanese go crazy with their nail art don't they!
@Charlie: Thanks :)
@May: Thank you lovely!
@Lola: I'm sure this would work on shorter nails, I see no reason why not! It's a fun design :) not the most practical though!
xo
I love it. I'm going to try this today. I am probably going to use glitter nail polish in place of the tape because I don't have the tape. It's a very pretty design.
ReplyDeleteI don't think its too much gurl, its awesome as long as one can pull it off well :)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, I'd be so paranoid about gems dropping off and tape peeling up though!
ReplyDeleteReally lov ethe nails, they look like little presents lol
ReplyDeleteI love this a lot, it's really cute !
ReplyDeleteYou did a graet job for never using striping tape before!
ReplyDeletelove it! ive been doing a lot of styles with gems all over my nails.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! They would be fab bling wedding nails!
ReplyDeleteFab design, your nail art never fails to impress me! x
ReplyDeleteOkay, i scrolled down after the previous nail art and was even more blown away...i have to say this one is actually my favourite! seriously pretty :)
ReplyDeletex
They're amazing hunny! x
ReplyDeleteThose are gorgeous! I've found japanese nail art etc to be very OTT! However you've pulled it off very well! ;P
ReplyDeletehttp://morethanalittleobsessedwithbeauty.blogspot.com/