
This was a real challenge, and VERY time consuming. Worth it in the end though, I actually think this looks really cool! Even though you can tell I still need a LOT of practice at doing this sort of design and it's a little messy. Trust me, it's harder than it looks!
When I'd finished, they really reminded me of Elmer the Patchwork Elephant from storybooks as a child, do you remember him? :)
Here's a list of the polishes I used, and another picture in direct sunlight.
China Glaze Sugar High
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
OPI Gargantuan Green Grape
Sleek MakeUP Florida (orange)
Maybelline Pie in the Sky (blue)
White nail art striper

Hope you like! Mwah x
omg, that takes me back, i remember reading that in primary school, wooooww long time ago hahaa xx
ReplyDeleteLove this! It's fab hun! xxx
ReplyDeleteWow thats so cool :D x
ReplyDeletewowwwww this is great you did a fab job haha i used to love elmer! xx
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
ReplyDeleteDo you just do this freehand or use tape or something to create the square edges? I always want to try out your nail arts but i've never been good at it!
ReplyDeleteThis is so neat, I know how hard geometric designs are. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI loved Elmer when I was little :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great xxx
I love this!! I always think about trying this but it looks tricky and I always wimp out. You did a great job!
ReplyDelete@Chloe: Haha yeah I especially remember one where the other elephants painted themselves patchwork so Elmer wouldn't feel like a freak hahaha :D
ReplyDelete@May: Thank you lovely!
@JC: Thanks!
@Leigh: Thanks so much :)
@Laura: Thank you!
@Phoebe: Yknow, I didn't even THINK to use tape - completely freehand which is why it was so difficult. It would probably be neater using tape but you'd have to wait for each colour to dry thoroughly first so you could safely put more tape over it and I'm too impatient! You should give nail art a go, my first attempts were atrocious but it's all practice!
@Cucumpear: Thank you! Means a lot coming from a nail design genius like you!
@Katy: Me too :) thanks!
@Tierny: Thank you! You should give it a go, it's a fun challange :)
xo
omg i love this! wish i was as good with my nails as you are! need to get some nail stamping/design kits!
ReplyDeleteLu xo
www.makeuploveer.blogspot.com
Elmer was great!
ReplyDeleteThat is soo cute! I love that design and the colors!
ReplyDeletethis is so pretty, really fun and summery I think it would look lovely with a long colourful maxi dress. I used to love elmer too! x
ReplyDeleteAww that's so cute and original!
ReplyDeleteit looks so fabulous!! love it.. i will try this next time on my nails... =)
ReplyDelete@Lu: Thanks, it's all just practice lovely!
ReplyDelete@Rebecca: Haha he was :)
@Stephanie: Thank you :)
@Daisy: Thanks - it would, but I think I must be the only person in the world who looks horrid in a maxi dress haha!
@Gaby: Daww thanks :)
@Triszha: Thank you so much!
xo
wow! i am always so fascinated with your nail ideas x looks lovely x
ReplyDeleteReally cute! Love them :) xx
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love these. I spammed the link out to everyone who was online, and was all "LOOKIT LOOKIT PRETTYYYYY"
ReplyDeleteI am extremely eloquent when faced with amazing nail art.
@Lola: Thank you :)
ReplyDelete@Milly: Thanks!
@LadyBugSays: Thank you!
@Ruth: Dawww haha thank you so much! :D