Monday, 4 July 2011

Cracking Summer Manicure



Sorry, but I'm still not quite bored of crackles!

I wanted to wear something BRIGHT on my nails (despite my ugly index finger stump which I keep constantly breaking..). Out came Sleek's nail polish in Florida (how appropriate!). It's a BRIGHT one!



I mentioned a few posts back that Superdrug bargain brand MUA had released some crackles but that I failed to get them that day. I picked up a couple the following weekend, and I actually really like them! They are very thin in consistency compared to other crackles I've tried, so I can't forsee them drying out too quickly like the others often can.

If you apply the MUA crackles in a thin layer, you'll get a very 'stringy' crackle with thin lines close together. I wanted big chunks of colour over my neon orange nails, though, so I applied the shade Shiver quite generously to achieve biiig crackles. Awesome.



Oh, and I should also point out that MUA Nail Quake crackle polishes are £2.99 each, not £1 if you were assuming that!

17 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm not bored of crackles either :) My latest purchase is a W7 Silver crackle from Savers at a bargainous £1.99!!

    Lois xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the exact colours of fruit salad sweets!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the MUA crackles, they look like how the China Glaze one's crack, but much cheaper! Can't go wrong :)
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! They remind me of sour sweets, or party ring biscuits. Need to get me a pink crackle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want my local Superdrug to stock these already! I'd buy the whole set! haha much better colours than Barry M or Models Own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a bright mani and they remind me of those sweets called fruit salad! Lovely crackle, hope they stock it in irish superdrugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these colours!
    So bright and summery :)
    I'm yet to try crackle nail polishes, which is probably very strange coming from a beauty blogger :')

    I think I was put off by the array of dark colours that first came out.
    May have to try it now they have lots of lovely brights.

    New Follower.:D

    Make-Up for Biochemists

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this combination - so summery! I've not been the biggest fan of crackles but I think this has convinced to give some of the coloured one's a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These crackle pretty nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That crackles really cute! Lovely for Summer! Guessing you are from Essex from on Twitter, nice to find another Essex Girlie!
    Mel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing, very tutti fruity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this combination! I'm not tired of crackles either. :) And I'm not sure why, but my index fingernail is the one that breaks the most as well...I suppose because I use it more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this is a cute combination. Like GretalRabbit said, like fruit salad sweets xD

    Also, just thought I'd let you know that I've given you a blog award: http://floamia.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-award-from-esper-makeup.html I've been following your blog for a while now, and I still really love it, so I thought I'd just send you a token of my appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sleek Florida nail polish: this one is a corker!! love love it xx

    ReplyDelete