Saturday, 18 February 2012

Illamasqua & Kiko NOTD

I bought Kiko's Sparkle Touch 270 topcoat when it was on sale for £1.50 in the Westfield Stratford store weeks and weeks ago. I'd picked up the bottle in the store several times, not sure why it took me so long to buy it but I can't turn my nose up at eventually getting it for a measly £1.50. It took me a few weeks to use it because I don't have that many polishes here with me at the moment - for those who don't know, I moved in with Colin a while ago and most of my stash is still at home! - and I just couldn't decide on a polish to layer it over.

I got Illamasqua Propaganda at IMATS at the beginning of the month - I liked the colour of it, but never bought it before because I'm not the biggest fan of jelly polishes. At £5 though, I wasn't going to say no again. I also thought it would be a nice colour to go with that Kiko 270!



It's painfully obvious that I painted these in rubbish artificial lighting. If I'd have done it in daylight, I would have realised that Propaganda could have done with a third coat because the flash reveals some transparency after the two coats I used, particularly on the middle nail.



I do quite like this Sparkle Touch thing though, it's fun! I do like a nice chunky glitter. And it was completely smooth after one coat of topcoat, unlike a lot of chunky glitters which was nice.

What do you reckon?

10 comments:

  1. I really like this, want to get my hands on that Kiko glitter now though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like, bigger glitter seems to be more "in" at the moment doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the slight patchiness of the blue makes it look a bit like space :)
    I'm yet to see Kiko local to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails have grown so much, looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails are sooo long x

    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, it reminds me of an underwater scene :) I really want to try some Kiko polishes but they don't stock them anywhere near where I live :(

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! How nice that it only takes 1 coat of top coat. I don't like doing 3 or 4 to get a smooth top layer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!! :D Absolutely beautiful! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always pick this up at my kiko but never get it! next time i will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! They're like mermaid nails!

    ReplyDelete